Hi there and welcome back! ^-^/ I know we’re almost halfway through February, but I totally forgot to write a January in Review post! Bit cringy maybe, but I decided I wanted to post one either way. I am however going to drop the Monthly Goals bit as I’ve noticed that my Monthly Goals stay mostly the same. That must be a boring read after a while, right? So from now on, I will just be reviewing what I’ve been doing each month and make it a little more film, series and games related, as these are the things I love to write about the most.
As you can probably tell, I’m still trying to figure out how and about what to blog. I hope you’ll bear with me as I figure this out c:
- Watching – Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Lucifer, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Troll Hunters, and some films in the cinema (see goals)
- Playing – Dishonoured 2
- To – The Dillinger Escape Plan Tour. Not neccesarily my kind of metal, but since it was my last change to see them live I went to see them at Poppodium 013 in Tilburg with my bf and some of his friends. It was pretty awesome! I made sure to stand somewhere in the back though, because I didn’t want to end up in a crazy mosh pit ^_^’
- Feeling – better! Winter funk and motivational problems still present, but getting better in dealing with it #fuckyeah
Read 1 book– Make that two books! Like I said in my previous Month in Review, I finished The Elite in the first few days of the new year and later The One from The Selection series by Kiera Cass. I won’t be reading the rest of the series though, because the other books sound pretty awful… (sorry?)I am still SO happy with my discovery of audio books and Storytell! I love the freedom of listening to a book whenever I want and reading as many books as I want. They have a pretty big library of English, Dutch and Swedisch books to choose from. It totally sounds like they’re sponsoring me, but they’re not. They should be, though…Drop me an e-mail, Storytell! JK. No I’m not X’D Watch 3 movies in the cinema– I actually saw 5! La La Land, Collateral Beauty (good!), Split, Brimstone (meh) and Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (MEEEH!)
- Try out 3 new recipes – (completely failed) potato croquettes, Honey Spice Cakes from The Withcher 3: Blood & Wine and pancakes from scratch (I was out of Aunt Jemimima‘s Complete mix). As my bf was working a lot of long hours last month, we ordered a lot of take out 😛
Get a home study course for Social Media Studies– It took a little longer than I thought it would, but I got it in the mail by the end of January! Currently reading through the first book and it is BO-RING! XD Can’t wait to finish it to get to reading the other books, which seem a lot more fun to read!
I am so glad that I decided to do this course. Hopefully it’ll help me find a fun job when I’ve finished it c:
- Try to get back into exercising and running – …nope! XD Maybe I’ll do better in the second half of February…?
Currently I am…
- Watching – as many Oscar nominated films as I can. If that sounds like it’s a challenge to me, you are right! Most of them are heavy on the drama, which I tend to avoid because it makes me cry like a baby XD
- Reading – (or rather, going to start reading) In the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. In actual book form, as one of my friends lent it to me for our new book/game/film/cooking club. Wonder how that will go now that I’m so used to audiobooks…
- Playing – (soon) For Honor. Literally, just got it in the mail as a Valentine’s Day surprise from the bf c:
What have you been up to last month? Let me know in the comments ! C: comments